Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!





Chinese New Year was officially last Sunday, on Valentines Day, but most of the festivities took place today. Today Craig took the girls to the Huntington Library to enjoy all the wonderful things they had planned. They have a gorgeous Chinese garden there. They met up with their friend Karina, and her mom, Karin.

I had to stay home. :( I've had the stomach flu for the past 4 days! I wish I could have gone! But, alas, I can only picture myself there in a wheelchair! :)

Olivia and Ceci got dressed in their outfits that our friend brought us back from China a few years back. I got Bella her dress just last Monday in China town. I had been eagerly anticipating today!

They all got to watch the Lion dance. They also got to see how their names are written in Chinese characters. They got to hear some live music. I know they had a very fun time!






































On another note, I just wanted to wish my mama a "Happy Birthday!" I am really missing you today . . .

2 comments:

Lisa S. Luckey said...

I hope you're feeling better.

Lisa Moody

saskia said...

wow, it's been a while since I've visited your blog- I love the girls outfits!