Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Home School Christmas Potluck









We had a wonderful potluck with our home school group today. Before we went, the girls made "Ojos de Dios" ornaments for an ornament exchange they were doing with their girl scout troop. We also made some black bean chili to share.





It was a beautiful day up at Alta Loma park!! For girl scouts, the girls made these super cute Christmas carolers out of toilet paper rolls. Olivia made one too, but lost it before I could even get a picture of her with it! They also made some cute "candles" out of cookies!

The potluck was awesome. People brought so many delicious things. My friend made the CUTEST snowman cake!! One of my favorites was my friend's pumpkin & chili sauce enchiladas. There was also some really good mexican-style rice. My other friend brought some delicious baklava!

Most of my friends from my Waldorf group also came today. It was great to have them all join us. (I wish they would every week!) My girls were soooooo happy to see their friends!

The highlight of the party was when we got to hear the Christmas story. The kids loved it and listened very intently.

I feel so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful home school group. What a blessing to me and to my kids!

We then had to rush off to Bella's Activitiy Days meeting where they made Christmas cards. Olivia and I drove around and looked at lights while listening to Christmas music during the meeting. (Ceci napped.) We've been listening to Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" a lot this year! We really are "simply having a wonderful Christmastime!" Hope you are too!

No comments: