Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nice!





Today Craig and I got to go on a date. It was soooooooooooo nice!! We really needed some quality peaceful time together. Craig worked all this past week in meetings and I've been cleaning and putting everything away from our camping trip while also preparing myself for school to start THIS coming Monday! So we needed some more "vacation!" (Especially a little time away from the girls, which we rarely get.) So Grandma watched the kids for us so that we could go to lunch and then the Temple. We went to our very favorite-- Inn of the Seventh Ray in Topanga. I think I've been wanting to go here ever since my birthday in June! We had the most beautiful table, right at the creek in a little booth underneath an umbrella. We watched several butterflies go back and forth in the creek, it was so uplifting and peaceful. And I can hardly express how DELICIOUS everything was! We shared the most wonderful (all natural) buffalo burger, a steak sandwich, sweet potato chips and potato salad. Then we had the most amazing desserts that I just had to post them. Going out to lunch here was like a mini-vacation. We then got to go to a session at the Temple which was of course, very peaceful and uplifting. We even started a fast because we are trying so hard to be ready for the new school year!!

No comments: