Saturday, August 29, 2009

A visit from Ximen and Chad




Today we were visited by our good friends, Ximen and her husband Chad. Ximen was one of my companions when I served my mission in Spain back in '93 & '94. We had THE BEST time together as companions and became very good friends and have remained good friends ever since. She now has the most beautiful family-- I loved getting to spend time with her two little boys, Ezra and August.

Because there were horrible fires going on in our area, we met them at Grandma Ginny's house in Hermosa Beach. We had hamburgers, potato salad, and honey lemonade for lunch. Later we all went out to the beach where we played at a park and then in the sand. Ximen and I got to sit and talk and catch up with each other. We had some yummy watermelon too. It was so wonderful to see my Ximena! Thank you for coming out to visit us, my friend!

No comments: