Monday, August 24, 2009

Our First Day of School!!






















We had an awesome first day of school! I stayed up very late the night before cleaning up and organizing our school room (it had been a guest room for a lot of the summer!) I made cards and prepared little gifts to welcome each of my big girls to the 1st and 3rd grade! I had gotten them some new Stockmar crayons and some wraps to store them in. It was really fun to try to make the day special! The girls loved their new crayons and wraps. We had a circle time where we sang some songs and then I told them a detailed story about 3 little girls who were very big helpers and very good listeners and therefore learned all the things that they needed to each day when they did school with their mommy. :)

Luckily for us, Craig did not have to work today! So we got to spend our first day of school with him, too! We decided we would have a picnic and go to the Museum of Natural History for the day. We wanted our first day to be fun! We visited the chicks at the Science Center and then the butterflies at the Butterfly Pavilion. We also walked around the museum, the rose garden and the beautiful fountain. It was such a nice day!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh Suzy, what a delicious school area! I love that they had little notes and gifts for their first day of school.

This post gives me warm fuzzies. :) :) :)